Campus Filming Program: Commercial Film Shoots
Capital Strategies administers the Campus Filming Program for commercial film shoots conducted on the UC Berkeley campus by outside companies, including: movies, television, commercials, and still photography.
Campus departments and facilities that are contacted by production companies or location scouts should direct all requests to film on UC Berkeley properties to Kyle Gibson (email@example.com, or phone: 510-495-5786), Director of Communications for Capital Strategies.
- Filming requests are considered on a case-by-case basis. Capital Strategies carefully weighs a production company's location needs against the ability to accommodate those requirements with minimal discruption to routine campus operations.
- Capital Strategies serves as the primary liaison between campus departments/facilities and the production company for all approved film shoots.
- Location fees are charged for commercial filming on the UC Berkeley campus. Rates are based on the type of filming activity involved, as well as on the scope of the project.
- Capital Strategies prepares a Filming Licence Agreement for approved shoots, and obtains a Certificate of Insurance from the production company.
- Capital Strategies will also determine if a film shoot will require, at additional cost, necessary campus services from Parking and Transportation, Facilities Services, UC Police Department, and the Campus Fire Marshal.